Environmental, quality and miscellaneous management and monitoring systems"efko united - together instead of alone": a holistic, autonomous corporate policy to implement the company’s mission statement and the sustainable growth/improvement of:
- Employee satisfaction and health
Apprentice academy; health passport; leadership seminars; further education programs; undertaking social corporate responsibility in cases of hardship or plight amongst our employees or their dependents; supporting external aid projects in the region etc
- Partnerships with regional farmers
Long-term contracts that help to sustain family run farms; a concept for sustainable vegetable farming in Eferding (Eferding high-quality region); protection of agricultural production on site through joint investment in cooperative production plants etc.
- Resource management
Locally sourced raw ingredients – thereby requiring shorter transport distances; energy efficiency; waste heat recovery; waste reduction program; efficient logistics; reducing the weight of packaging; composting of biological waste, etc.
Future initiatives and process improvements
- Compulsory GRASP certification of producers (certification bodies such as LVA, Lacon, ...)
- Eferding Humus Project (Partners: Upper Austrian Chamber of Agriculture, Ages, BOKU Vienna) Goal: to maintain or rather increase the humus content of the soil
- Innovative project to develop further, modern foodstuffs from regionally grown fruit and vegetables