Poppy seed cake with vanilla cream and plums pure
Ingredients (for about 6 servings):Ingredients for the poppy seed cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cram or yogurt
- 1 cup poppy seeds (grounded)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pk of baking soda
Ingredients for the cream:
- 250 g quark
- 150 g vanilla yogurt
- 120 g mascarpone
- 45 g icing sugar
- 1 pk vanilla sugar
- 1/2 real vanilla (scraped)
- 2 glasses of efko unsweetened plums
Decoration: cinnamon, vanilla
Preparation:1) Poppy seed cake: Stir the eggs and sugar until tey are fluffy. Add oil and sour cream or yogurt and mix well. Now stir in poppy seeds, flour and baking powder and spread the batter on a small baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes at 170 degrees and let it cool down afterwards.
2) Mix the ingredients for the cream well.
3) Cut out circles (about 8 cm Ø) from the poppy seed cake with a glass. The rest of the cake can be used as decoration in the end.
4) Plums: Cut the plums into slices and mix in a bowl with 4 tablespoons rum.
5) Layer poppy seed cake circles, vanilla cream and plums in about 6 glasses (approx 10 cm Ø) layers alternately. You can sprinkle the poppy seed cake circles with the juice of the plums. Finish with vanilla cream and decorate with cake crumbs, plums etc..
Enjoy your meal!